Sunday, October 20, 2019

I used the tool, to draw the tool.

I have spent many hours this semester clicking on the screen, dragging objects, right-clicking, and having the urge to squeeze and destroy my dreaded computer mouse when creating projects. Adobe Illustrator isn't the easiest program to use, and I have made countless errors that force me to click "Command" and "Z" on my keyboard, just to then have to re-correct or even get wrong again. Because I have used the mouse so much, I decided to take a picture of a computer mouse, and use it for my project.

When creating the object in Illustrator, I noticed the multiple shadows and changes of tone of color on the mouse, so I did my best to incorporate them into my own image. Especially on the mouse itself, and on the light at the bottom.

My hardest part of the project was actually the decision to change what I was doing. I originally wanted to make it pop and be vibrant in a green color, but decided to change to the more sophisticated gray color of the mouse. I had to essentially start over, which cost me a bit of time, but I think it worked for the best. I am much happier with my end result now. The shading feels natural to me, and I like how the two halves blend essentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment