Monday, October 14, 2019

Logo: a homage to my alma maters

For this project, I was given the task to create a simplistic logo that represented myself. Personally, it wasn't a hard decision to try to involve my recent high-school, Avon Old Farms, because it helped shaped me into a better person over the years I spent there. To keep along with that theme, I decided to create a simple merger between the lettering in Avon's logo, with the logo of the University of Tampa, which led to this:



I decided to use Times New Roman as the font, because the pointed edges add a bit of depth to the logo. However, without any color, it's hard to tell how the logos really mix together, so let's fix that: 

The "U" in the image isn't just colored red to coincide with the "T", to complete the UT color duo, but also to complement the blue Avon "A", as Avon Old Farms used Red and Blue (usually a darker one, a lighter one was chosen to help visibility) as their main colors.

1 comment:

  1. These are simple and to the point logos. They are aesthetically pleasing to the eye and would look good on essentially anything and in any size. I think the colors representing the schools was clever and the colors are strong contrasting colors which help accentuate the difference between all three letters. There is nothing I would change with these logos.

    ReplyDelete